Monday, September 19, 2011

The Winds of Change are Blowing


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17

Change has always been hard on me. It was hard when I realized not all kids grew up with divorced parents, when I went to a new school, when my brother left home, and, most recently, when I found out my youth minister would be leaving our youth group in order to spend time with his family. I'm not one to share my feelings or emotions with everyone; I have a very select few that I will talk to about things that actually mean something to me, and even then I have trouble completely opening up. So when things change in my life, it becomes even harder to talk about how sad I feel or say how I'm afraid of what will happen next. Especially when it's the people I love who are changing or leaving, I find that I completely bottle myself up. In my mind, I think "why should I become close to anyone if they are going to leave in the end?" All I do is focus on the negatives of the situation I'm in, when, instead, I could be thankful for what I do have and the time I've spent with the people I love. And change doesn't have to be a bad thing. God has a plan, even though we can't always see that. If we can just allow ourselves to trust that He has a purpose for every event in our lives, then we can stop worrying about what's coming next. God knows what He's doing. And even though we go through all sorts of changes in our daily lives, God gives us one of the most comforting things we will ever hear: He will never change.

God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment